Thursday, January 25, 2007
Take a chance on me
For some reason it is as if the new Scissor Sisters album Ta-Dah! has been forgotten already. It's weird, I don't think you'll find many people that didn't like the first album with it's weird mix of carbarat, disco, electro and rock, so why hasn't the new album become a succes?
The songs are still in the same vein as the first album, but maybe the act is wearing a bit thin for some people? I admit to being only a fan of the uptempo dancy songs, and I think the slow stuff is dull - why did they choose Land of a thousand words for that all important second single I'll never get. Of course I don't feel like dancing is definetly the best thing on there, but there are other really good tracks as well:

In the attempt to get more people to look back on this album, I'll post my current favorite track I can't decide. If you remember the piano player from the saloons in the old Lucky Luke cartoons this is what you should hear in your head. Cast as a gangster of love Mr. Shears musses over the fact that he apparently is willing to go all the way to make people like him. The ambivalence in this song is really interesting, the sadness that he can't really say no to sex. He knows he should because the sexual leftovers will return to haunt him, but on the other hand he knows himself enough to tell the listener to lock the doors and close the blinds, we are going for a ride.

Scissor Sisters - I can't decide
Get the album here

Labels:

posted by Niall Quinn @ 9:46 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6:34 PM, Blogger pelofanta said…

    cos i dont feel like dancing!!!


    i like your ambivalence



    lostofkissesfromMADdrid

     
  • At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I share your appreciation of this song. I was lucky enough to be one of the first people in the world to hear it, when it was played at a secret invite-only gig on Aug 14th 2005.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 



About DD

About the music or anything else:

All MP3's are for sample purposes only, and will be taken down immediately upon request. They will remain up for approximately 1 week by default. Please buy records and support artists. We need music dammit! If you have any music that you feel would be in the taste of this blog send it to Distortion Disco

Name: Niall Quinn
Home: Dublin, Denmark
See my complete profile

Previous Distortion
Archives
Blog Hype Heaven
Pop Culture
Other music



Locations of visitors to this page



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?