Monday, December 18, 2006
Lost in Ladytron
Today is guest-feature day! Having brought my attention to alot of other really kool bands, Bjorn (Birthday boy of yesterday) has for a long time preached the blessings of Ladytron, so I decided to have him do a guest post:
*****************

Slow, dark and heavy synthesizers coupled with enigmatic and beautiful tunes always makes me imagine myself travelling fast and alone at night through dark, but pleasant urbane settlements.
This is Ladytron. Not that they are pure melancholy, but the music seems to carry this dark and bulky quality. I love that. It is like winter combined with that bar-scene from Lost in Translation.

Now my love has gone through three albums - the latest being 'Witching hour' from 2005 which has put me on that magical, nightly, inner city train over and over again. I guess the four piece from Liverpool have found a new rail to fulfilment that does not require light or heaven. Very modern, very human, very persuassive.

So wrap a blanket around you and let the seductive darkness surround you.
(I imagine this being the way Darth Vader was seduced in the first place.)

Ladytron - Soft Power
Get the album here

Ladytron - Flicking Your Switch
Get this album here

Labels:

posted by Niall Quinn @ 10:36 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 



About DD

About the music or anything else:

All MP3's are for sample purposes only, and will be taken down immediately upon request. They will remain up for approximately 1 week by default. Please buy records and support artists. We need music dammit! If you have any music that you feel would be in the taste of this blog send it to Distortion Disco

Name: Niall Quinn
Home: Dublin, Denmark
See my complete profile

Previous Distortion
Archives
Blog Hype Heaven
Pop Culture
Other music



Locations of visitors to this page



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?