Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Freakin' in glorious Stereo
In the seemingly never ending saga of Bloc Party remix, one has really stood out lately. It's by dubstep man of the moment and general UK music king Burial. It's Where is Home a B-side to Flux, and it's brooding, dark and the perfect sound of november. Hypnotical, druggy and mellow, it's in other words the perfect metropol soundtrack. I haven't done any posts on Burial yet, which is mistake on my part, but this remix will set you up perfectly if want a nice entry point into the grim world of dubstep - Go here for an interesting interview in the Guardian. Oh, and I really like the artwork for the whole Bloc Party album and it's singles.

Bloc Party - Where is Home (Burial Remix)

Get 12" of flux here


If you're a regular reader you know I've been championing Hot Chip for long now. Though they are rather old on the circuit by now, they still manage to sound more fresh than out-of-the-oven bread. They are about to release a new album which of course causes tremendous shivers of joy in my mirrorballs. It's called Made in the Dark, and you can here a preview of Ready for the Floor on their Myface, which is first single of the album, released on January 28th 2007. It's nothing less than stellar sounding - go here for an interview. I can't wait, I'm ready for the floor!

Hot Chip - Ready for the Floor (Soulwax Dub) (Is it me, or does this sound like Flat Beat?)
Hot Chip - I became a Volenteer

Labels: , , ,

posted by Niall Quinn @ 12:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 



About DD

About the music or anything else:

All MP3's are for sample purposes only, and will be taken down immediately upon request. They will remain up for approximately 1 week by default. Please buy records and support artists. We need music dammit! If you have any music that you feel would be in the taste of this blog send it to Distortion Disco

Name: Niall Quinn
Home: Dublin, Denmark
See my complete profile

Previous Distortion
Archives
Blog Hype Heaven
Pop Culture
Other music



Locations of visitors to this page



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?