Thursday, March 29, 2007
Late Nite Wood
Two things I'm looking forward to this year is the new Björk album, and the M.I.A. album. I usually don't care that much for Björk, but hearing that the album is produced by none other than Timbaland does make you rather curious. It's a thing that basically can go both ways. Timbo's albums normally aren't that great, and Björk is always dangerously close to the loony bin. This odd-couple in a studio though might be a match made in heaven (or it might be totally crap).
A more safe bet is the forthcoming M.I.A. album, apparantly called Power Power, which should drop pretty soon. I think we're going to see more in the vein of the Bird Flu song which is like the old M.I.A. with a bit more of everything added. Judging by M.I.A.'s collaboration with Timbo it's going to be good, and it also shows that Timbo still knows how to twiddle them knobs (he is consistantly one of the best producers in the game). Timbo's new album, from which the track of the day stems, is out on April 3rd.

Timbaland Feat. M.I.A. - Come Around
preorder Timbo's album here

Labels: , ,

posted by Niall Quinn @ 12:24 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the M.I.A. album is actually called Kala - but that could mean the same thing as Power Power in whatever language it's in.

    Like you I can't wait.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Niall Quinn said…

    You are probably right, got the power power title of the website, there is probably some Sri Lanka'n twist or something...

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kala means 'black' in hindi

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger beketaten said…

    The greatest minds have all been considered loony at some point or another.
    This shit has me intensely excited.

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    volta is 100% produced by bjork

    -- timbaland gave her a bunch of beats and she chose three, played with them and integrated them into three tracks along with a number of other collaborators.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 



About DD

About the music or anything else:

All MP3's are for sample purposes only, and will be taken down immediately upon request. They will remain up for approximately 1 week by default. Please buy records and support artists. We need music dammit! If you have any music that you feel would be in the taste of this blog send it to Distortion Disco

Name: Niall Quinn
Home: Dublin, Denmark
See my complete profile

Previous Distortion
Archives
Blog Hype Heaven
Pop Culture
Other music



Locations of visitors to this page



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?