Sunday, June 08, 2008
Roskilde Festival Preview 3
I'm not sure anyone who reads my blog on just a semi regular basis has doubts about my great Hot Chip affection. I find them brilliant and by far one of the most relavant acts of the last 10 years. Playful and creative are the first words in my mind, but in there should also be fantastic live. A group of nerds banging away at keyboards, guitars and what not is an amazing concept. Had the pleasure of seeing them some 3 years ago in Berlin and I am really looking forward to reliving that experience. (Actually I saw Justus Köncke at that concert as well, which was a big deal I guess, but still).

Funky (in a good way), nodding their heads to prince, these are some of their less played songs:

Hot Chip - Sexual Healing
Hot Chip - Wrestlers

Seriously, the gloves are of now! I could go over and over like a monkey with a minature cymbal about these guys. This is an absolut must at Roskilde - Go, or Hot Chip will break your legs, they will put you down.

Labels: ,

posted by Niall Quinn @ 10:36 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger WHOOPI said…

    their cd is soo good!!!

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Marey said…

    seriously, hot chip is one of the best things that have ever happened to me. great blog anyway :) /m

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 



About DD

About the music or anything else:

All MP3's are for sample purposes only, and will be taken down immediately upon request. They will remain up for approximately 1 week by default. Please buy records and support artists. We need music dammit! If you have any music that you feel would be in the taste of this blog send it to Distortion Disco

Name: Niall Quinn
Home: Dublin, Denmark
See my complete profile

Previous Distortion
Archives
Blog Hype Heaven
Pop Culture
Other music



Locations of visitors to this page



Tell me when this blog is updated

what is this?